Service Tax Applicability on Commission Income
Posted by: email@example.com on 12/12/2020 11:39 AM
- My client from Ankleshwar doing Trading in Cement & Steel.
- We are Distributor of ACC Ltd, Steel Authority Of India, Trinetra Cement Ltd.
- In F.Y 2015-16, 2016-17 & April 2017 To June 2017 we have received Sales Commission from the above parties as under :-
- Year Amount Rs
- 2015-2016 37567-00
- 2016-2017 78825.50
- 2017-2018 (April 2017 To June 2017) 0
- During the Audit of Service Tax EA 2000, the Audit Superintendent raised the query that we have to pay Service Tax on Sales Commission which we have received from the Steel & Cement Company against completed the sales target given by them during the above period.
- Kindly advise us whether we have to Pay Service Tax or not with detail reply.
- Thanking you
- Bharat B Bhavsar
We encourage you to register or login to reply to a forum thread. Please be aware that this forum is monitored and so please be mindful that mean-spirited replies or spam will be edited or removed as necessary.
You can also contact us if you feel a particular reply is not productive.